Feta, Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Driving home from the market this week I was pondering what I could do with the abundance of cucumbers and tomatoes that we are currently enjoying. We have some sweet sweet little yellow cherry tomatoes and some beautifully fat red tomatoes, as well as delicious Lebanese cucumbers in our veggie patch at the moment. To change things up I decided to use our Jersey Cow feta for this recipe, its super crumbly texture lightly salted flavour work so well in this refreshing salad.
The quantities below should make enough for 4 smallish portions or 2 healthy serves.
- Feta - 100g
- Ripe cherry tomatoes - 10
- Ripe red tomatoes - 1
- Small red onion - 1
- Basil - Bunch
- Olive Oil -
- Balsamic Vinegar -
- Fresh crusty bread -
- 1 - Finely chop the red onion and crumble the Feta into a bowl.
- 2 - Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and cut the large red tomato into chunks, roughly chop the basil, add to the feta and onion.
- 3 - Peel and cucumber and cut into chunky slices, add to the other ingredients.
- 4 - Add a healthy slug of olive oil and balsamic to the bowl and toss everything together.
- 5 - Cut two slices of fresh crusty bread and then load on the salad and enjoy.