Cacio e Pepe
This very old, very simple and very tasty recipe comes from our friend Nilla from Nilla’s Italian Kitchen. Cacio e Pepe quite literally translates as ‘cheese and pepper ‘ the two main ingredients of this dish.
- Spaghetti - 250g
- Grated Pecorino - 1 cup
- Grounded Black Pepper - 1 tbsp
- 1 - Cook the pasta in salted water till it is al dente
- 2 - In the meantime grate the pecorino in a bowl
- 3 - Add the black pepper and combine.
- 4 - When the Pasta is cooked al dente add to the bowl which has the grated pecorino and black pepper. Mix together and then add a little of the water from the pasta pot to make it a creamy sauce. Once the pasta is incorporated with the cheese sauce, serve with extra pecorino cheese and top with a sprinkle of black pepper. The amount of cheese and pepper can be altered to suit your taste.